These self learning modules provide the basics of lactation management for those with little previous experience or training as a breastfeeding counselor and meet the requirements for breastfeeding support training required for DONA doula training. You may also use this class for the NCSA continuing education.
The Basics of Lactation Management Complete Self Learning Program consists of 6 chapters:
- Starting Out Successfully
- Difficulties Breastfeeding Mothers May Encounter
- Breast Pumps and Breastmilk Storage
- Breastfeeding the Premature Infant
- Alternative Feeding Methods for Breastfeeding Babies
- Talking to Mothers
6 Credit hours
THIS CLASS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY THE NCSA
6 CREDIT HOURS
This home study course is broken down into six modules of innovative insights, practical advice, and more than 60 short comprehensive videos showing actual mothers in real life situations. This course covers everything a new or expectant mother needs to get off to the best start possible so she can experience the warm and satisfying breastfeeding relationship she’s always dreamed of.
What will you learn?
- Basic principles of baby massage and over 30 massage strokes
- The best time to massage your baby.
- How often and for how long you should massage your baby.
- When baby massage is contraindicated.
- A safe and soothing massage, fun and energizing stretches
- Techniques to address common ailments such as colic, gas, teething and congestion.
This class requires a written report on how to install a car seat. 1.0 credit